As a practitioner trained in both mental health and functional nutrition, Kristy takes a truly holistic approach to wellness that addresses biological, psychological, and psychosocial factors. She is also trained in EMDR, and along with other treatment modalities, she helps her clients heal from trauma, anxiety, depression, grief, navigate life transitions, and cope effectively with stress. Kristy has spoken at conferences, written curriculum, and co-created a program for women struggling with their relationship with food and body image. She lives and practices in Encinitas, California.
What We Cover:
How to identify and deal with emotions in healthy ways
Positive coping mechanisms for life’s stressors
The importance of identifying your self care needs
The benefits of therapy
EMDR for trauma and rewiring negative thought patterns
How to find the right therapist for you
- Follow Kristy on Instagram here and website here.
- Kristy is also part of the Paleo Therapists that you can follow here.
About EMDR: https://www.emdr.com/what-is-emdr/
Resources for finding a therapist:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists (filter by area, specialty, insurance, etc)
www.openpathcollective.org (affordable sliding scale therapy)
www.talkspace.com (if you live in a rural area, are homebound, or otherwise don’t have access to an in-person therapist)
- Get our favorite blue tansy deodorant here and use code BBP to get 10% off your first order.
Join Our Free Private Community
- Connect with us after the podcast is over by joining our free private online community, the Balanced Babes Community
Thanks for Listening!
- Did you like this episode? Let us know what resonated for you in the comments below.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org