Adina is a Nutritional Therapy Consultant, a Medical Exercise Specialist and holds a master’s degree in art therapy. This unique path solidified her thoughts about how connected the mind and body are and now she helps women gain strength and energy using real food, properly designed strength training programs, targeted stress management techniques and lifestyle changes. Her messaging is focused on the importance of auditing our total stress load for optimal health and how to manage it through food, movement and lifestyle.
Adina began unlocking her own optimal physical and mental health when she trained competitively for powerlifting. She feels that all women should learn what it feels like to lift heavy things. And at 8 months pregnant she can still squat a pretty badass amount of weight.
This week is part 2 of our conversation. In part 1 we discussed what strength training is, why it’s so beneficial for women, and how to adjust your training for the different phases of your cycle. You can listen to part 1 here.
What We Cover:
Exercise considerations prior to conception
- Contraindications for exercise during pregnancy
- Modifications and beneficial exercises during pregnancy
- Postpartum exercise contraindications
- Postpartum favorite exercises
- How to support nursing posture & avoid injuries
- Gaining strength during menopause
- Follow Adina on Instagram and check out her website
- Download your free guide to strength and movement, including prenatal and postpartum fitness guides!
Here’s the Blue Tansy Deodorant we are obsessed with! (use code BBP for 10% off your first order)
Join Our Free Private Community
- Connect with us after the podcast is over by joining our free private online community, the Balanced Babes Community
Thanks for Listening!
- Did you like this episode? Let us know what resonated for you in the comments below.
Questions? Email us: email@example.com